Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tonight's menu:

- Marinated boneless porkchops. Peach glaze.
- Fennel baked potatoes. Sliced fresh fennel bulb, potatoes, butter, salt, pepper.
- Vegetable, probably thin whole green beans.
- Homemade bread. We were almost out of flour so I had to improvise. White + wheat + rye + spelt = ?? I formed it into a focaccia-type shape topped with olive oil. On one half, I put shredded Parmiggiano Reggiano and sliced kalamata olives. Other half is unadorned.
- Columbia Crest Merlot.
- Dessert - Lemon-raspberry flan in individual ramekins.



Mom hasn't called so I assume she will be home for dinner. Of course, Imax and Copper have had the phone busy talking about runescape. No calls on my cell yet though.

Update...Mom just called and said they were going out with the karate gang and would not be home for dinner. Oh well, I guess we'll eat it without them. Which is better...the menu above or the Golden Corral ;-). I guess I'll save them some dessert since there's a ramekin with each of their names on it. The rest? We'll see...

1 comment:

jp said...

The menu above was undoubtedly better than the "food" we ate. But the company was good. Sometimes it's hard to balance the joys of family life (and good cooking) against the outside social stuff that doesn't happen very often.

We're saving the dessert for tomorrow.

Karate was fun. I have some heat rash in an uncomfortable location. Hard work in a warm location will do that.