Monday, December 29, 2008

Recent photos

Today is less busy than many of our recent busy days. So I'll inflict photos on everyone.

Here is our yard after a recent snowstorm.



I had mentioned ice fog earlier. That's when ice crystals condense out of the fog onto everything. Here is a photo of the ice fog on Douglas fir needles.






Here are some recent flower photos. I'm sure you'll recognize the striped geranium that has been featured in other photos this past month.

The solid pink geranium is still blooming away. I won't inflict more photos of it today.

We have another geranium blooming -- a dark red one with a slightly different flower form. I can't remember the variety name. The colors don't come out right on any of the photos I've tried taking. It's not really orange or pink, honest! Since I don't feel like playing around with photo-editing software to adjust the colors, I'll skip the photos for now.

This other photo is another holiday cactus. This is a variety called Nicholas. It's the first bud to open on this particular plant.

The color is a rosy red, closer to red than the other zygo cactus flower I shared. The petals have less white on them than the other one.

The last few zygo cacti are on sale at the local grocery store. I've been resisting, though I'm not sure why.

That's enough photos for now!

Our cat is at the vet this week. We already miss him. Our other cat goes around looking for him every now and then. I will be glad when we can bring him home, and I will be delighted if the treatment works.

No comments: